Kirloskar is a world class pump manufacturing company with expertise in engineering & manufacture of systems for fluid management. Est in 1888 & inc in 1920, KBL is the flagship company of the $ 2.1 billion Kirloskar Group.
KBL, a market leader, provides complete fluid management solutions for large infrastructure projects in the areas of water supply, power plants, irrigation, oil & gas and marine & defence. We engineer and manufacture industrial, agriculture and domestic pumps, valves and hydro turbines.
In 2003, KBL acquired SPP Pumps, UK and established SPP INC, Atlanta, USA, as a wholly owned subsidiary of SPP, UK to expand its international presence.
Kirloskar Research and development
KBL invests in resources on research and engineering. This includes sump model studies, intake studies analysis using computational fluid dynamic techniques, surge analysis, cavitation studies, seismic analysis, vibration analysis, and transient analysis. The company has 17 patents since 2006 and presents various technical papers to ASME as well as at Texas A&M University in the United States.
- KBL created the world’s largest irrigation project at the time (March 2007). This was the Narmada Project implemented on behalf of the Gujarat Government.
- Kirloskar Brothers has been closely associated with India’s nuclear program and has made canned motor pumps for pumping heavy water which are deployed at Indian Nuclear Power Plants.
- KBL is also the first Indian company to get FM certification for its valves. Kirloskar Brothers has a presence in over 80 countries.
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd is one of the oldest companies in India and was the first engineering company in India to sell products under an Indian brand in the late 1880s.
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd received the ASME N-STAMP in 2012 and is the first Indian company in rotating equipment to receive this as well as amongst a few companies in the world to have this accreditation.
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd is also one of the first pump companies to have an all women operated and managed manufacturing plant at Coimbatore which is the second largest metropolitan city of state Tamil Nadu in India.
- KBL also aided the Thai govt in the rescue operation in saving the football team that were trapped in the water filled cave of July month of 2018.