We know that the lockdown has been in Pune since 24th March’20 and thus, the citizens of Pune along with the entire country is facing restrictions on travelling freely at their will. Recently, we have seen that there has been some leniency for the ones who have applied for and has received a valid travelling pass between 7 am and 7 pm, stating a valid reason such as family or medical emergencies or if stranded in a different district/state/city. These passes are issued by the government or local authorities and are one-use only, i.e they are good for one round trip or a one way drop off.
The travel passes are a must in the red zone areas of the city, even in local areas as the restrictions have increased.
Some points to be noted:
- These passes are issued by the Maharashtra Police
- A Google Login is required for an e-pass.
- People looking to travel to their hometown, but would require permissions from origin state and destination state and a transport license issued by the District Collector if travelling by their vehicle.
- All the essential service providers/individuals can apply for the pass.
- These are one-use pass only, valid for one round trip or a one way drop off.
- These would require carrying additional Government issued id proofs like Aadhar Card, Passport, Pan Card and Driving License.
- The no of passengers in a cab should be limited to two: the driver and the traveller and they should maintain proper norms to maintain social distancing as much as possible and use face masks and sanitizers.
- Medical certificates from doctors are required stating you are not suffering from any sort of influenza or other illness.
- You can only apply for the pass if you don’t live in any containment zone.
Guidelines to fill the form as provided by the Maharastra Police has been provided in the following link : covid19.mhpolice.in
You can apply for the travelling pass from here: Covid19mhpolice